In a recent post, I described how I built a retro video game console using Raspberry Pi, Emulation Station, RetroPie, some components from Adafruit, and a 3D printer. When all was said and done, I realized that my 3D printed box was not tall enough to accommodate the underside of the joystick and the Raspberry Pi. So I went back to my TinkerCAD file and increased the height and, while I was at it, I also added a third button!
I’d been wanting to build an old-school video game console for quite a while but had never blocked out the time to do so. But with winter break fast approaching, I recently ordered all of the components and, with two weeks to spare, finally got down to brass tacks.